Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Breast Is Not Best

Well well well!

I surprised myself last night by managing to swim 1500m front-crawl at Bukit Jalil in 35:29, a mere 17 seconds slower than my best breaststroke effort! As you can see from yesterdays post I was only aiming to beat 40 minutes! This was the first time I'd done 1500m continuously in a pool. The only other times I've managed to do that was in the Kenyir Tri and the recent PD Tri Clinic.

Coach Peh was spying on me as he was coaching others, and he said that in 2 weeks I'd be able to do 34 minutes.......so that's it......new target....same again but in under 34:00 by 9 July 07. (That's 2:16 per 100m)

I now think that the Kenyir swim might actually have been the full 1500m. At the time I thought it was short as my time was 37mins-ish, but judging from last night perhaps it was about right.

I must admit I'm pretty impressed with my week-by-week improvement, but I guess that's because I'm still on the steep bit of the learning curve and my improvements will begin to slow done. Anyway it's great that I'm already only 29s away from a 2-month old target that I only planned to achieve before the end of 2007. I'm now thinking about improving to 30:00 by the end of the year.

That's enough time to beat Bernard in an Olympic Tri!!! Watch out Bernard, here I come!

2 comments:

The Editor said...

I am a leg man myself ;-)

Vicious Cycle said...

Adrian.its all about whaling. all i need is a bigger harpoon...