Monday, June 25, 2007

Quiet

Mmmmm.... been a bit quiet in the last 5 days or so.

After last Wednesday's swim I didn't do any training for the next 2 days, but made up for it on Saturday by getting up early enough for a 34km ride to work. A lunch swim was ruled out by a hearty Thai lunch with my work team chums and ex-secretary, which was burned off nicely by a 15km run after work that more than made up for 2 days inactivity.

That was my longest ever training run and I'm quite proud of myself too!! I did exactly the same route as the Pacesetters 15km run that I missed in May. My time was 1:38:something which is 7 minutes faster than my 2006 run, and with a 5% lower HR (151 average compared to 159 in 2006). I took it quite easy throughout the run.

The lovely runner's high kicked in at just over an hour. This makes me think that doing 1-hour 10km runs is a waste as I stop running just at the point where the "reward" is just round the corner.

For the first time in a long long time I did nothing on Sunday. I'd planned to do 1500m at Uniten Pool but was too lazy. In the end I went for a Fathers Day lunch at the Eurasian Club with Lucas, Dad-in-law and various uncles, and then took Lucas to watch Surf's Up.


Evening - MotoGP (my man Stoner winning again) and the most excellent V For Vendetta!

My 1-day weekend is over and it's back to work....I'll do my postponed 1500m swim tonight after work. This will be my first benchmark for a continuous 1500m front-crawl pool swim. 40mins or less would be pleasing...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: