Friday, February 29, 2008

29 Feb


After about 11 years of defying the law of averages and, ironically, after safely cycling for 50mins through Friday rush-hour central KL half-blinded by rain, I just fell off my bike - 10m from home!

On the final slow (but obviously not slow enough) left turn into our car-park (the one with the lovely smooth - and wet - concrete floor), my front wheel suddenly went skating to the right, dumping me unceremoniously off the back, onto my bum. I finished the move off by smacking the back of my head - safely encased in my helmet i should say - on the floor.

All I have to show for it is a bruised bum, and another memory to recall in future!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Ouch..that sounds painful. Perhaps you might want to consider cycling on a mountain bike when its too wet to ride a road bike. It can be frustrating to cancel and call off rides when the roads are too wet and unsafe to ride on a road bike. But the location of your fall was rather very forgiving indeed. haha..

Anonymous said...

Glad it was only your rear and your dignity which were hurt! And not far to limp back to the condo. A much less memorable fall than the one which you did closer to home - or should I say the place where you used to live!

bola2api said...

i think it hurts the ego more than the body.. i should know about this as i fell off my bike while cycling next to letua guys! so embarassing!

on the bright side, since it happened on 29 feb which only happens every 4 years, you will only be reminded of it 4 years later. think about it ;)