Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

I just registered for the KL Marathon - 42km. After the recent 30km run I had some doubts if I would bother to do the full 42km, as it didn't really fit in with my main goal this year of training for improved performances in Olympic and 70.3 triathlons. But its something I do want to do so thought I'd better go for it now while I have the chance and the inclination.

This week is Chinese New Year - so Gong Xi Fa Cai to all my Chinese friends! I hope you all have safe journeys to your family reunions - and enjoy the meal! I have my own family reunion dinner on Friday night with a couple of Aunts who have come over from Melbourne for a couple of weeks.

Training-wise I've adjusted my schedule to make this an 11-hour "hard" week, due to the opportunities afforded by 4 days off work. Last night I did some swim drills at home and tonight I've got my weekly lesson. Tomorrow I hope to squeeze a short high-intensity run in, and get my bike in shape for Thursdays BIG hilly 190km+ ride -

HOA - Bentong - Tranum - Frasers - KKB - Ulu Yam - Gohtong - HOA. This is not quite the same as the 200km+ ride I did a few months ago. This time we're heading up to Gohtong towards the end of the ride. The last time I cycled up there was '97 with Boon Foo, on my way up to Genting for the first and only (so far) time. I'm looking forward to the ride and probably won't ride the extra 10-20km HOA-home to make up for the heroic effort I'll need to drag myself up to Gohtong.

I'm not sure about Friday to Sunday, but on Saturday I plan to take Lucas to Sunway Lagoon Water Park. I will also need to get 3-4 hours of running in, so will probably end up doing the Hartamas 20km on Sunday.

No comments: