Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Quiet Again

I've been a bit quiet again recently (I tend to blog during lunchtime in the office, so when I have a few days off the posting drys up unless something truly exciting happens).

On Thursday evening I did a 1600-1400-1200-1000-800-600-400-300- 200-100m interval run at KLCC. It's amazing how well this type of run breaks up the monotony of running laps. I would normally be bored stiff doing 5 laps there but this run had me doing 6 without too much trouble.

The following morning I did the Double Hill with Arif, while Bacin & Steve Lee marched off to Hartamas. Later that day I managed 50 mins of swim drills in the condo pool.

Saturday am - Putrajaya 50km ride with Bacin, Dicky Z, Laif, Andrea Android, Azmar and Rashid. I was riding my Planet X so as usual the flat stretch towards the KLIA toll was wonderful - I cruised along comfortably at 36kph+ and caught a certain Mr Ray Hee KK (secret training on his own) just before the toll. In the end my average speed was about 29kph which is pretty good for me.

Later I nipped down the road to GE Mall for lunch with Jackie and Lucas. He's a huge Chicken Rice Shop fan, so he had chicken rice (in case you were wondering what they serve) and I downed some sarnies and a Starbucks.

In the pm I took Lucas to ISKL for a first football lesson. He did quite well and - being a good few inches taller than his pals - made the most of his body size, and football being a "contact" sport. A nice goal with the outside of his foot and in off the post too!

On Sunday I had a lie-in! I eventually sloped off to the Bike Boutique for a while, where I discovered their rooftop 25m pool, and plans for triathlon training sessions. Then off to Lake Gardens where I jogged around the 2.3km loop (carrying right calf muscles strained during Thursday's intervals) behind a cycling Lucas, before a game of footy and a go on the playground.

No comments: