Monday, February 18, 2008

Mums Place

My training got off to a good start last week, with an 11k run, interval session on the bike and a decent swim in the first 3 evenings.

Thursday was a planned day off as we went out for a big family meal at "Mum's Place" in Damansara Perdana. There was quite a big gang - Jackie and I, Sasha & Daryl, Sasha's siamese twin, Dad, Uncle Tony & partner Wai Kwan, and the guests-of-honour - Dad's 2 sisters from Oz. We had a hearty feast, and a surprise at the end when we discovered that the owner was a old neighbour from when Dad and his siblings lived in the KTMB quarters in Gemas.


That late night put paid to my idea of running the following morning, and I was too lazy to do so in the evening too. I couldn't even manage to drag myself up early on Saturday so ended going 3 days with zero training.

However I think it is a blessing as I'd been a bit tired all week, with a suspiciously runny nose, which makes me think that I've just narrowly-avoided a cold or flu. So a rest was a good idea.

On Saturday night I chose sleep over Man U v Arsenal 1.15am kick-off, with the morning's SBR session in mind. I did manage to get up for that, and managed a1500m swim and a few '00m's on top, followed by a 52km ride to Putrajaya and back. 'Twas too hot and close to lunchtime for a run so I headed home, where I was afforded a lovely afternoon nap as Lucas headed off to his pal's house. So I missed the TdL finale for the first time in 4 years. In the evening I managed an experimental 30mins on the turbo doing one-legged drills.

So a low total of 11km of running, and just 6hrs training for the week... and nothing much else to report...

Correction. I spoke to my Project Director about what the future might hold. He said he wants me to stay on my current project until the financial statement on completion is made at the end of May '08. Then, if we've won the Pahang-Selangor water transfer tunnel job - I'll almost certainly be on that. Otherwise he'll try to place me on other Overseas Civils Department jobs, which could be Singapore, Dubai or Jakarta. If I don't like what they offer, or if we don't win the tunnel job, I'll be looking for something else. If the tunnel job award is delayed, I might just find something temporary to fill in until it is awarded. I've a good chance of getting on that job - whoever wins it - due to my experience working for a Japanese company on a big project in Malaysia. I'll keep you posted on that.

No comments: