Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Full Day

Out 'n about at 6.50am-ish. Jalan Ampang closed, and lots of generally young Indian gentlemen wandering along the KL-Ampang Highway, presumably to avoid the cops on their way to the British High Comm.

7.30am....Centrepoint rendezvous with 24 other PCC riders for a spin along to Guthrie H'way and then Batu Arang. I was keen to get home swiftly so didn't stop there, and headed back into town with Ron via Kundang and Sungai Buloh. 91km @ 26kph.

For lunch we (Jackie, Lucas and I) headed to an almost deserted KLCC and walked straight into Chilli's for lunch. No queue! No waiting list!!

Can HINDRAF please organise a few more rallies on Sundays? If it vastly reduces the KLCC population for the day then I'm all in favour!

Lucas and I then headed to the KL Velodrome in Cheras to watch the Asia Cup track cycling, but the place was deserted. Oh well, back home.

I then did Jackie a MASSIVE favour by agreeing to go to Carrefour Wangsa Maju, which apart from the depths of Hell itself, is the last place I would want to go to on a Sunday.

And hellish it was. Millions of people packed like sardines into a warehouse lit by a million-and-one fluorescent bulbs, with store assistants that couldn't seem to understand English or Bahasa, and massive queues of shoppers standing by with folded arms as the cashiers in this 1-star supermarket gave a 5-star service by packing everything themselves (slowly), causing massive tailbacks. Their insistence on putting no more than 2 items in each plastic bag didn't speed things up either.

Then the guy in front of me had credit card trouble. Then...my cabbage didn't have a bar code. People behind me were complaining about waiting so I paid the sub-total, let them get on with it while I waited. The cabbage came back...RM1.62...I left the cash on the counter and ran away screaming.

Lucky for me I accidentally dropped a 6-pack of Tiger into my shopping, so I could enjoy a beer in the evening.

I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch Spurs draw 1-1 after missing an injury time penalty.

No comments: