Monday, November 05, 2007

End of Week Rush

Week 3 of my 07/08 Plan was a bit of a disaster. I had so many things to do I did no training until Friday...I missed the Tuesday night ride as I was building a cabinet for all my triathlon/training gear in the bedroom, then had to rush home to make Lucas a Batman costume for Halloween on Wednesday (missing my swim lesson). Thursday - fitted the cabinet door and relaxed.

But...on Friday I did manage to run home (14.3km). My pace was super slow but I felt very comfortable and only stopped when I had to at junctions. My time was a slow 1h40m. Did some stretching and dumbbell work in the house afterwards. (I've just invested in a pair of dumbells so I can work on upper body strength/conditioning in the house). As for my legs, I'll do that on the bike - hill training coming up soon!

I then managed to get up early enough to cycle to work on Saturday a.m., and had a 4.6km Terry Fox sandwich with 1h30m of cycling bread on Sunday a.m. Seemed like almost everyone was out yesterday morning in KL - plenty of Pacesetters running through Bukit Tunku. Wong Ah Thiam too, and Randy Tan. I then came across Ah Fook finishing Double Hill, the PCC gang at Terry Fox, and Simon Cross finishing off his 2nd (!) 21km Hartamas run.

I won't let this week get away from me, so it's LRT to KLCC after work, for a few laps of speed-work and a 3km run home. Then swim in the a.m., or cycle to work, and 57km-ish bike ride in the evening.

POWERMAN this weekend! Time for Planet-X to come out from hibernation!

2 comments:

Jaja Shah said...

i saw u riding at bukit tunku. i was running, alone, hahaha. then met frens at terry fox, how come didnt see u?

fook said...

After i completed my double hill run,I dint see u at the Terry Fox run? happy to see u, its been long time... all the best to u this sunday at Powerman Lumut :)