Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Common

A musical theme for a change...

When I happen to flick on to MTV, or Channel V, both of which claim to be "music" channels, 99 times out of 100 I am faced with a prolonged network identity video, which I guess is just something "cool" to make everyone who watches those channels think that they are also "cool"...

Anyway....a few weeks ago I flicked onto MTV and they were actually playing a song - Common feat. Lily Allen - Drivin' Me Wild. A rap with a catchy chorus, and unusual in that it's a distinctly American tune but featuring young Londoner Lily Allen on vocals.

Common - he likes caps.

Fast forward to last week. Amazingly, I again flick on to MTV and they're actually playing a song! This time it's Mr Common again, with new single I Want You, with the lovely Alicia Keys and Kerry Washington in the video.

So there you go...that's my new favourite tune.

On the subject of good rap music (it does exist)...I also thoroughly reccommend Jurassic 5...

No comments: