Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So Far So Good

This week is working out much better.

I did an "acceleration run" around KLCC's 1.3km loop last night and then ran home for a total of 11km. According to my Plan, I have to do between 3.5 & 4.5 hours of running each week. Most of that will be straightforward endurance runs, with the rest being speed or technique work. Last night was my first run of the latter type, designed to simulate the increasing difficulty of a race, and to practice pacing.

I did a warm-up lap then 3 acceleration laps. Lap times were 8:23-8:11-7:50-7:18 for a total of 31:42, about 3 minutes slower than my 4 lap PB. Not surprising given my super-slow pace on the first 2 laps.

In a few weeks I'll start doing hill work for strength.

Having run home, I couldn't take the boys to school, so asked a friend to do it. This allows me to have a short swim in the a.m. before heading to work. Today I only managed 20mins, the beginning of which was in darkness, with fogged-up goggles! Mmmmmmm....I think I'll have to do condo pool swims in the evenings instead.

My LRT journey to work was a true nightmare. I queued up behind about 7 people and was still only 3rd in line after 6 trains had passed. So I gave up and crossed the platform to head out of town and board at the 1st station. This worked, but took a long time. It took me 1h30m to travel to work by LRT. 15km. I can run it in that time, cycle in 30mins, drive in 40mins.........

The rush hour "Rapid" KL service on the Putra Line is a disgrace. The stations are designed for 4-5 cars per train, but they only have 2. The STAR line trains have 4 cars.

50km+ PCC ride tonight. Might use the Planet X if the roads are dry.

What with a Deepavali long ride planned on Thursday, 15km run on Friday and Powerman on Sunday, I should catch up on my training hours massively this week!

Can't wait 'till Sunday, almost EVERYONE is going to be there.

No comments: