Monday, November 19, 2007

A Full Day

Run

Despite slight doubts in my mind that I wouldn’t make it, I managed to drag myself from bed at little after 5.30am to be at Bukit Aman for an early run start and my first ever appearance at a regular Sunday morning Pacesetters run since joining them in 2005!

As I drove up Jalan Parlimen at just after 6am I could see a few bunches of runners had set off already.

I was pleased to see many familiar faces, and set off for my first ever “training” run to Sri Hartamas. With company all around, I didn’t feel the need for music so early in the day, so enjoyed the quiet, and the cool air.

I enjoyed a very easy pace, yet still managed to pass a few runners, and made it to Petronas in a satisfactory 1:10+ with a surprisingly low HR. The first 5km on the return leg is mainly downhill so was pretty easy-going. I tired a bit in the last 5km but still managed a respectable 2:16.

Looking rather un-dynamic after about 13km!

That brought my running mileage for 15-18 November to a whopping 49km...without blisters or any knee problems!

Brekkie

Thoroughly pleased with myself for completing my longest ever non-competitive run, I headed home and then back out again with Jackie and Lucas for a spot of brekkie at La Bodega, Bangsar. And so it came to pass that today was the day that Lucas would first discover the joys of Connect 4 (upstairs in La Bodega).

Shopping

Then off to BSC for a spot of Xmas shopping, which didn't last long - hooray!

Bonding

J had some business to attend to, so Lucas and I headed for the pool for 90mins or so. Now that he's tall enough to stand safely in any part of the pool, I feel confident enough to go for an occasional 30m swim while he's playing....so - training and being Daddy at the same time!

Lucas enjoyed soaking me (and an innocent poolside sunbather) and I got 500m of training in.

Pizza

"2 large pizzas for RM40 please Mr Domino" - pizza time!

The Dance

BBC Entertainment was showing the episode of The Office with "The Dance" in it, so I had a good laugh while J & L were doing revision for Lucas' exams. I then had to replay the DVD version of it about 4 times for Lucas' benefit, much to his enjoyment. If you have no idea what I'm on about....for your viewing pleasure... Background - they guy in the 70's suit has just done a rather impressive dance routine to a couple of Bee Gee's numbers, and the goaty-bearded guy thinks he can do better...



CSI

A rarity now - an hour spent watching some crime/drama show, this time - CSI:NY.

And so to bed.

2 weeks 'till Phuket Triathlon!

No comments: